Vickys Chocolate Orange Christmas Pudding is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Vickys Chocolate Orange Christmas Pudding is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, vickys chocolate orange christmas pudding. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook vickys chocolate orange christmas pudding using 18 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Chocolate Orange Christmas Pudding :
- Take 350 g of mixed dried fruit – raisins, currants, sultanas, cherries.
- Get 100 g of medjool dates, pitted.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Brandy.
- Take 150 g of gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Take 120 g of dark brown sugar.
- Take 55 g of gluten-free flour.
- Get 3 tbsp of cornflour / cornstarch.
- Get 3 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Get 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of Sweet Mixed Spice for baking.
- Take 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum.
- Make ready 2 of oranges, zested and juiced (100ml juice).
- Take 80 ml of water.
- Make ready 60 ml of olive oil.
- Take 4 tbsp of Cointrea.
- Prepare 1 tsp of orange extract / flavouring.
- Get 100 g of choc chips such as Enjoy Life or Moo Free brands.
Steps to make Vickys Chocolate Orange Christmas Pudding :
- Soak the dried fruit and chopped dates in the Brandy the night before making the pudding.
- Grease a 2 pint / 1.2 litre pudding basin with some olive oil and cut a circle of parchment paper to line the bottom.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, sugar, flour, cornflour, cocoa powder, baking powder, xanthan gum and spices together in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the orange juice and orange zest, water, olive oil, Cointrea and orange extract.
- Fold in the soaked fruit and the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the pudding basin.
- Cut another circle of parchment paper to fit the top of the basin like a lid.
- Cover with foil, making sure it's scrunched tight around the top of the bowl.
- Put the pudding basin inside a large pot and pour hot water inside the pot so it comes halfway up the side of the basin.
- Cover the pot and start the water simmering. Leave the pudding in to steam for 3 & 1/2 hours.
- Remove the basin from the pot and set aside to cool, still covered, for 30 minutes.
- Turn out onto a plate if serving.
- Serve immediately with some warm custard, ice cream or chocolate sauce or let cool fully, wrap in clingfilm and keep in the fridge. The pudding will keep for at least 4 weeks chilled in the fridge. To reheat simply put back in the bowl, recover and resteam for 2 hours until warmed through.
- Merry Christmas!.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food vickys chocolate orange christmas pudding recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, for example twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.