Graveyard Trifle with Meringue Ghost Cookies is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Graveyard Trifle with Meringue Ghost Cookies is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, graveyard trifle with meringue ghost cookies. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook graveyard trifle with meringue ghost cookies using 25 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Graveyard Trifle with Meringue Ghost Cookies :
- Take of For the Brownies:.
- Prepare 200 g of butter.
- Get 300 g of golden caster sugar.
- Prepare 2 of tbsps. golden syrup.
- Take 200 g of dark chocolate.
- Prepare 50 g of milk chocolate.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Get 2 of tsps vanilla extract.
- Get 200 g of self-raising flour.
- Get 4 of tbsps. cocoa powder.
- Make ready of For the Chocolate Custard.
- Make ready 600 ml of milk.
- Make ready 100 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 4 of egg yolks.
- Get 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Take 8 tsp of corn flour.
- Take 4 of tsps cocoa powder.
- Prepare 100 g of dark chocolate.
- Take of For the meringue:.
- Prepare 4 of egg whites.
- Make ready 230 g of caster sugar.
- Take of To Assemble:.
- Make ready 3 of x tins of cherries in syrup.
- Take 50 ml of kirsch (optional).
- Prepare 600 g of bourbon biscuits.
Steps to make Graveyard Trifle with Meringue Ghost Cookies :
- For the Brownies: Heat the oven to 180 C/160 C fan. Grease and line a roasting tin. Place the butter, sugar, syrup and chocolate in a saucepan and heat gently until melted and lump-free, then remove from the heat..
- Break the eggs into a jug and add the vanilla, mix lightly, set aside. IN a large bowl add the flour and cocoa powder with a pinch of salt, add the chocolate mix and stir, then fold through the egg mix..
- Once combined pour in the prepared tin, then cook for 30 mins. Once cooked allow to cool completely, then cut into squares..
- For the chocolate custard: Heat the milk in a pan until almost boiling, in the meantime, add the yolks, vanilla, sugar, cornflour and cocoa powder to a bowl and mix to a thick paste. When the milk is hot add to the bowl slowly, whisking the entire time, then transfer the mixture back into the pan and heat over a low heat whisking continuously until thickened, remove from the heat and stir through the chocolate until it is melted, leave to cool completely..
- For the meringues: Whip the egg whites until frothy, then add the sugar 1 tsp at a time, until stiff peaks are formed. Transfer into a piping bag and pipe the meringue into bone and ghost shapes, if you don’t have a piping bag you can use a zip lock bag with the corner cut..
- Cook on your ovens lowest temperate for 60 mins, then switch the oven off and open the door slightly and allow the meringues to cool completely in the oven, these can be made the day before. Once cool use an edible black pen, black food colouring or a little melted chocolate to create the ghost's faces..
- To assemble: The night before, or least a few hours before assembly, open the tins of cherries and drain, reserving the syrup, cut the cherries in half and remove the stones, put the cherries into a bowl, and add the kirsch and some of the syrup, cover and leave overnight. (leave out the kirsch if not using). You can aslo use cherry pie filling and just stir through the kirsch..
- Blitz the bourbon biscuits in a food processor, or bash with a rolling pin inside a zip lock bag..
- Layer half your brownies in the bottom of the trifle dish. Spoon over some of the cherry/kirsch liquid, then top with half the cherries, then spoon over the chocolate custard and then half the bourbons. Add the meringue bones against the side of the trifle dish with bourbon biscuits behind to look as thought they are buried in soil. Then repeat once more, with a layer of bourbon biscuits on top..
- Decorate with ghosts and bones sticking up through the soil..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food graveyard trifle with meringue ghost cookies recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, for example fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.