Graveyard Trifle with Meringue Ghost Cookies is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Graveyard Trifle with Meringue Ghost Cookies is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, graveyard trifle with meringue ghost cookies. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook graveyard trifle with meringue ghost cookies using 25 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Graveyard Trifle with Meringue Ghost Cookies :
- Get of For the Brownies:.
- Make ready 200 g of butter.
- Prepare 300 g of golden caster sugar.
- Get 2 of tbsps. golden syrup.
- Take 200 g of dark chocolate.
- Take 50 g of milk chocolate.
- Make ready 4 of eggs.
- Make ready 2 of tsps vanilla extract.
- Get 200 g of self-raising flour.
- Make ready 4 of tbsps. cocoa powder.
- Make ready of For the Chocolate Custard.
- Prepare 600 ml of milk.
- Make ready 100 g of caster sugar.
- Make ready 4 of egg yolks.
- Take 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 8 tsp of corn flour.
- Prepare 4 of tsps cocoa powder.
- Make ready 100 g of dark chocolate.
- Get of For the meringue:.
- Get 4 of egg whites.
- Take 230 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare of To Assemble:.
- Get 3 of x tins of cherries in syrup.
- Prepare 50 ml of kirsch (optional).
- Get 600 g of bourbon biscuits.
Steps to make Graveyard Trifle with Meringue Ghost Cookies :
- For the Brownies: Heat the oven to 180 C/160 C fan. Grease and line a roasting tin. Place the butter, sugar, syrup and chocolate in a saucepan and heat gently until melted and lump-free, then remove from the heat..
- Break the eggs into a jug and add the vanilla, mix lightly, set aside. IN a large bowl add the flour and cocoa powder with a pinch of salt, add the chocolate mix and stir, then fold through the egg mix..
- Once combined pour in the prepared tin, then cook for 30 mins. Once cooked allow to cool completely, then cut into squares..
- For the chocolate custard: Heat the milk in a pan until almost boiling, in the meantime, add the yolks, vanilla, sugar, cornflour and cocoa powder to a bowl and mix to a thick paste. When the milk is hot add to the bowl slowly, whisking the entire time, then transfer the mixture back into the pan and heat over a low heat whisking continuously until thickened, remove from the heat and stir through the chocolate until it is melted, leave to cool completely..
- For the meringues: Whip the egg whites until frothy, then add the sugar 1 tsp at a time, until stiff peaks are formed. Transfer into a piping bag and pipe the meringue into bone and ghost shapes, if you don’t have a piping bag you can use a zip lock bag with the corner cut..
- Cook on your ovens lowest temperate for 60 mins, then switch the oven off and open the door slightly and allow the meringues to cool completely in the oven, these can be made the day before. Once cool use an edible black pen, black food colouring or a little melted chocolate to create the ghost's faces..
- To assemble: The night before, or least a few hours before assembly, open the tins of cherries and drain, reserving the syrup, cut the cherries in half and remove the stones, put the cherries into a bowl, and add the kirsch and some of the syrup, cover and leave overnight. (leave out the kirsch if not using). You can aslo use cherry pie filling and just stir through the kirsch..
- Blitz the bourbon biscuits in a food processor, or bash with a rolling pin inside a zip lock bag..
- Layer half your brownies in the bottom of the trifle dish. Spoon over some of the cherry/kirsch liquid, then top with half the cherries, then spoon over the chocolate custard and then half the bourbons. Add the meringue bones against the side of the trifle dish with bourbon biscuits behind to look as thought they are buried in soil. Then repeat once more, with a layer of bourbon biscuits on top..
- Decorate with ghosts and bones sticking up through the soil..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food graveyard trifle with meringue ghost cookies recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, for example instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.