Layer Cake No 2 from Rumford's Complete Cookbook 194 adapted by is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Layer Cake No 2 from Rumford's Complete Cookbook 194 adapted by is something that I have loved my entire life.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, layer cake no 2 from rumford's complete cookbook 194 adapted by. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have layer cake no 2 from rumford's complete cookbook 194 adapted by using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Layer Cake No 2 from Rumford's Complete Cookbook 194 adapted by :
- Prepare 2 cup of flour (for Passover 2 cups Matzo cake meal).
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Take 2 tsp of Rumford's Baking Powder (for Passover change to 1 tsp kosher for Passover baking powder).
- Prepare 2 of eggs or 4 oz egg whites.
- Take 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of water or milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of flavoring extract. (For white cake user clear vanilla) (for lemon cake use lemon extract) (for Rum Raisin use Imitation Rum Extract).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips (optional for chocolate chip cake) or 3/4 cup Raisins for Rum Raisin cake.
- Prepare 1 of whole lemon peel, zested (optional for lemon cake).
- Make ready 4 of FOR PASSOVER ADAPTATION ONLY 6 egg whites beaten stiff.
- Make ready of OPTIONAL – FOR PASSOVER ADAPTATION ONLY 6 egg whites, stiff.
Steps to make Layer Cake No 2 from Rumford's Complete Cookbook 194 adapted by :
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 2 layer cake pans and set aside..
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder twice..
- Beat the eggs and sugar til light and frothy..
- Add the water or milk alternately with the flour, salt and baking powder..
- Add the flavoring extract..
- Fold in chocolate chips or Raisins if needed..
- FOR PASSOVER ADAPTATION ONLY – fold in beaten egg whites..
- Bake about 20 minutes..
- Fill with desired filling.
- Note: This cake dries more quickly than one in which butter is used..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food layer cake no 2 from rumford's complete cookbook 194 adapted by recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, for example whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.