Black Forest cakes are no match for this cheesecake version. The made-from-scratch cherry topping is optional, but sets it above all other desserts. This Blackforest Cheesecake is creamy, crumbly, chocolatey and jammmy, as well as being vegan.
Blackforest cheesecake is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Blackforest cheesecake is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, blackforest cheesecake. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook blackforest cheesecake using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Blackforest cheesecake :
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of crushed Oreos (16 cookies).
- Take 3 Tbsp of butter.
- Get 12 oz. (1 bag) of semi-sweet chocolate chips (high quality).
- Prepare 3 packages (8 oz.) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of sugar.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Get 3 of eggs.
- Take of Whipped Cream (3/4 cup heavy cream).
- Take 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla).
- Take 1 can of cherry pie filling.
There really is something quite extraordinary about cherries paired with chocolate and since it's not. Black Forest cake is re-invented in this decadent cheesecake! The finished cake does need to cool down in the oven (turning the oven off, but. This cheesecake variation of a Black Forest cake showcases dark, sweet cherries atop a creamy chocolate filling.
Steps to make Blackforest cheesecake :
- Pull out all ingredients, and allow them to sit out at room temperature while you make the crust..
- Preheat oven to 375F. Crush the cookies in a bag (no need to remove the filling), then place cookie crumbs in a bowl. Melt the butter in a small bowl, then pour butter over crumbs and stir until evenly moist. Dump mixture into the bottom of a 9"springform pan and press down firmly on the bottom and up the sides of the pan about 1". Bake crust in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes..
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pot. Pour chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl (I use a glass bowl) that is large enough to sit in the pot without being submerged in the water. Place the bowl on top of the pot and let the steam melt the chocolate. Stir until fully melted and smooth. Set aside..
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (using a paddle attachment), blend (room temperature) cream cheese until smooth..
- Add sugar and blend until fully incorporated..
- Add salt, sour cream and vanilla and continue to blend..
- Add melted (and cooled) chocolate and blend to combine..
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and blend together with a fork. Add eggs to the cheesecake mixture and blend on low speed just until combined. You do not want to beat the mixture too much after the eggs are added, or you will incorporate too much air causing it to later puff up and deflate..
- Pour filling into baked crust. Reduce oven temperature to 300F..
- Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 55-65 minutes, until the center barely jiggles when nudged..
- To prepare water bath, wrap the cheesecake pan (bottom and sides) with foil, (you may need to criss cross a few sheets of foil) so that no water can get into the pan. Place the foil wrapped cheesecake pan in a large roasting pan or baking dish, then pour HOT water into the roasting dish until the water is about 1" deep. Carefully move to oven and bake..
- Cool cheesecake at room temperature 30 minutes, then cover and move to the refrigerator and chill for 8 hours or overnight..
- Top chilled cheesecake with whipped cream (3/4 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla). Beat cream until it begins to thicken, add powdered sugar and vanilla, then continue to beat until thick and fluffy..
- Top whipped cream layer with 1 can of cherry pie filling..
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Cut with a sharp knife, and wipe off the knife with a moist/hot washcloth between cuts..
The lovely presentation makes it a good choice for a special. This recipe takes time and effort, but if you're up for the challenge it's worth your time because it tastes amazing. Scatter the cherries and the juices over the top of the cheesecake once it has set and sprinkle over grated chocolate. Be the first to rate & review! This slow cooker or Instant Pot cheesecake is going to be your favorite way to make a decadent.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food blackforest cheesecake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, for example instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.