Chocolate log is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Chocolate log is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, chocolate log. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chocolate log using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chocolate log :
- Prepare of Cake.
- Prepare of eggs.
- Make ready of Caster sugar.
- Take of Plain flour.
- Get of cocoa powder.
- Make ready of baking powder.
- Take of Icing.
- Take of butter.
- Get of dark chocolate.
- Get of double cream.
- Get of golden syrup.
- Get of icing sugar.
- Make ready of Middle.
- Prepare of double cream (minus 5tbsp using for the icing).
Steps to make Chocolate log :
- Whisk eggs and sugar together until creamy.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa and baking powered into the mixture. Folder the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Line a tin with grease proof paper and pour in the mixture.
- Bake at 200oC for 10mins.
- Lay a fresh sheet of grease proof paper on a work surface. When the cake is ready, tip it onto the paper, peel off the lining paper, then roll the cake up from its longest edge with the paper inside. Leave to cool..
- To make the icing, melt the butter and chocolate in a bain-marie..
- When melted, take off the heat and add the cream and golden syrup. Beat in the icing sugar.
- For the middle, whisk the remaining of the cream until it holds it shape.
- Unroll the cake and spread the cream on. Carefully roll back up.
- Cut a thick diagonal slice from one end of the log. Lift the log on to a plate, then arrange the slice on the side with the diagonal cut against the cake to make a branch. Spread the icing over the log and branch (don’t cover the ends), then use a fork to mark the icing to give the effect of tree bark..
- Scatter with unsifted icing sugar to resemble snow.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food chocolate log recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, for example whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.