Glazed Pound Chocolate Cake is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Glazed Pound Chocolate Cake is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, glazed pound chocolate cake. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook glazed pound chocolate cake using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Glazed Pound Chocolate Cake :
- Get 1/3 cup of Self-Raising Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Almond Meal.
- Prepare of *Note: Flour & Almond Meal weigh 125g in total.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Cocoa Powder *optional, depending on Dark Chocolate’s cocoa content.
- Get 125 g of Butter *cut into small pieces, softened at room temperature.
- Take 125 g of (2 x 1/4 cup) Caster Sugar.
- Get 125 g of Dark Chocolate *melted.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- Take 3 of Egg Yolks.
- Get 3 of Egg Whites *Note: Eggs should be at room temperature.
- Take of Icing.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Icing Sugar.
- Make ready 2 teaspoons of Milk.
Steps to make Glazed Pound Chocolate Cake :
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease a loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking paper..
- Combine Self-Raising Flour, Almond Meal and Cocoa Powder in a bowl and set aside..
- Beat the softened Butter in a mixing bowl with a whisk until smooth. Add 1/4 cup Sugar and beat until creamy. Add Egg Yolks and mix well. Add melted Chocolate and mix well..
- Beat Egg Whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/4 cup Caster Sugar and beat until combined well and glossy..
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and mix well. Then gently fold in the Egg Whites mixture. DO NOT over-mix it..
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through. Stand the cake in the tin for 5 minutes as it is quite soft, then turn onto a wire rack to cool..
- To make the icing, combine Icing Sugar and Milk in a bowl and mix well until smooth. If you need to make it softer, add extra Milk, but only a small mount at a time. Spread the icing over the cooled Chocolate Cake..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food glazed pound chocolate cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, for example fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.