Make a batch of these classic French pastries. This chocolate éclairs recipe features basic choux pastry, vanilla pastry cream, and semisweet chocolate glaze. Chocolate Eclair Recipe This is the best HOMEMADE eclair recipe.
Chocolate eclairs is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Chocolate eclairs is something which I have loved my whole life.
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chocolate eclairs. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have chocolate eclairs using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chocolate eclairs :
- Prepare of For the choux pastry.
- Prepare 400 ml of water.
- Get 150 g of unsalted butter.
- Make ready 10 g of caster sugar.
- Make ready 235 g of plain flour.
- Take 6 of medium eggs.
- Prepare of For the chantilly cream.
- Make ready 600 ml of double/heavy cream.
- Take 50 g of icing sugar.
- Make ready 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste or extract (not essence).
- Make ready of For the chocolate topping.
- Make ready 100 g of dark chocolate 65% or higher.
- Prepare 125 g of icing sugar.
- Get 50 g of cocoa.
- Get 50 ml of water approx 3-4 tbsp.
These chocolate eclairs are absolutely mouthwatering. You won't be able to stop eating this decadent dessert. An éclair is an oblong French pastry made from choux pastry, a thick egg-rich dough that gets partially cooked on the stove before added to a. An éclair is an oblong pastry made with choux dough filled with a cream and topped with chocolate icing.
Steps to make Chocolate eclairs :
- To make the choux pastry, combine water, butter and sugar in a sauce pan and bring to the boil. Add the flour and stir for a few minutes on a lowish heat until the roux becomes shiny and pulls away from the sides of the pan..
- If you have a food mixer, dump the hot mixture into it and mix with the paddle attachment until it stops steaming, if you don't have a mixer just cover with cling film with a few puncture holes to allow the steam to escape until it has cooled to room temperature. Now start adding the eggs, 1 by 1 and turn off the mixer when you add (in case you drop the whole egg inc shell) mix each egg until combined until all eggs are incorporated..
- Now pipe the choux pastry with either a piping nozzle or if using a disposable bag just make a clean cut around 1cm in diameter. You decide what size to pipe but the standard would be around 4 inches long and 1 inch thickness (approx) Keep a steady squeeze and a slow deliberate movement (practice makes perfect) Leave room for each eclair to expand when baking. I'm using a silicone baking mat here but you can use baking parchment, tip make a few dots of the pastry under the paper first to secure..
- Now with a wet finger even out your pre-baked eclairs (this also creates a little steam in the oven which aides the rise. 200c oven for about 20-25 minutes, after 15 minutes you can see these eclairs are not quite done, they will collapse the third image are perfect. leave to cool on a wire rack..
- Break up the chocolate into a glass or stainless steel bowl, sit over simmering water DO NOT ALLOW THE WATER TO TOUCH THE BOW! When the chocolate has melted add in the icing sugar and cocoa.
- Stir in the icing sugar and cocoa as best as you can and then start adding hot water with a ladle from the simmering pan, do this about 1 tbsp at a time and work until you have achieved a beautiful glossy THICK chocolate sauce. Keep this mixture warm while you fill your eclairs..
- Combine cream, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk to firm peak, using a piping bag with a thin nozzle pipe cream into pastry shells until you see it ooze out, you can make a hole with a knife at each end of the pastry to make this easier..
- Dunk the cream filled pastry into the still warm chocolate mix and hold for a few seconds, allow some excess chocolate to drip off and leave chocolate side up on a rack or tray. refrigerate fully before serving.
- These screen shot images are taking from my Youtube channel why not watch the video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIywaOWPfI4&t=88s.
The dough, which is the same as that used for profiterole, is typically piped into an oblong shape with a pastry bag and baked until it is crisp and hollow inside. Chocolate Eclair Recipe Chocolate Eclairs Molten Chocolate Chocolate Topping Chocolate Recipes Macaroni Cheese Recipes Chocolate Buttons Choux Pastry Home Baking. Make bakery-quality Chocolate Eclairs at home with this recipe. The airy pastry shells, rich pastry cream filling, and thick chocolate glaze are HEAVENLY. These are the best homemade Chocolate Eclairs.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chocolate eclairs recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, for example whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.