I used my recipe for whole wheat cookies and adapted it to suit the millet. Ragi or Finger Millet Recipes – Ragi is a Super Healthy Millet cultivated in India. It is very high on Nutrients which makes it a great healthy alternative to wheat and rice.
Christmas star Millet cookies is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Christmas star Millet cookies is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, christmas star millet cookies. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have christmas star millet cookies using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Christmas star Millet cookies :
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of mixed millets flour or any one millet flour.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- Make ready 3/4 Cup of Jaggery powder.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup and 1 tablespoon of soft butter.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 4-5 drops of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of milk powder.
- Take 1 of egg (optional).
- Prepare 50 ml of Milk (to make dough).
- Take of Sugar sprinkles, white chocolate chips, chopped cherries for garnishing.
Find out all about Ragi – What is Finger Millet,how to use it,benefits etc Also find Ragi Cakes, Ragi Cookies,Ragi Dosas, Ragi Laddos. Millet is loaded with nutrients and using it in a cookie is a great food for an evening snack for kids and a guilt free snack for adults! Little millet Cookies contains magnesium which can helps improve heart health. Millet is toasted and simmered with onions and carrots for a savory Cuban-inspired side dish.
Instructions to make Christmas star Millet cookies :
- Sieve all the dry ingredients except jaggery powder in a glass bowl. Make sure they are at room temperature..
- Slowly melt jaggery in a pan with butter on low flame. Turn off the gas when butter has melted and whisk the mixture till all the jaggery has dissolved..
- Now add vanilla to the butter mix. Then slowly fold in all the flours and milk powder. Whisk the egg and add it too. In case you don't want egg, you may add 50 ml.milk or until you can make a dough..
- Now bring together the dough with gentle hands and wrap it with cling film. Chill for 2 hours..
- After 2 hours, bring out of fridge, thaw a little and roll the dough to 1" thickness. Cut with star shaped cutter and decorate with tutti fruit, chocolate chips or sugar sprinkles. Preheat oven to 175°c.
- Arrange in a baking tray lined with butter paper. Bake at 175 °c. for 10 minutes. They will be a little soft to touch but will becone firm after cooling. Take out, cool and store. Your crunchy munch Christmas star millet cookies are sure to bring compliments!.
My Cuban suegra taught me how to make a sofrito. I used this same process (without tomatoes and plus a carrot) to enhance millet. Chocolate Star Cookies are a Christmas tradition in our family! Chocolate Star Cookies are probably one of my favorite traditional Christmas treats! This recipe has been in my family for years, and it's perfect for Christmas cookie swaps, gifting, or get-togethers.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food christmas star millet cookies recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, for example whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.