Chocolate Custard Cream Pie / Cocoa Puff Pastry Dough is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Chocolate Custard Cream Pie / Cocoa Puff Pastry Dough is something that I have loved my whole life.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chocolate custard cream pie / cocoa puff pastry dough. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chocolate custard cream pie / cocoa puff pastry dough using 18 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chocolate Custard Cream Pie / Cocoa Puff Pastry Dough :
- Make ready of Cocoa Puff Pastry.
- Get 130 g (4.6 oz) of unsalted butter.
- Make ready 70 g of (2.5 oz, 7.8 Tbsp) bread flour.
- Prepare 70 g of (2.5 oz, 7.8 Tbsp) cake flour.
- Get 1 g (1/5 tsp) of salt.
- Get 15 g (2.5 Tbsp) of cocoa powder, sugar-free.
- Prepare 9 g (1 Tbsp) of powdered sugar.
- Get 70 g (2.5 oz) of cold water.
- Prepare of ※70g bread flour and 70g cake flour can be replaced with 140g all-purpose flour.
- Make ready of Chocolate Custard Cream (using a microwave).
- Get 3 of egg yolks, around 60g (2.1 oz).
- Take 48 g (4 Tbsp) of granulated sugar.
- Take 22 g (2.5 Tbsp) of cake flour, or all-purpose flour.
- Make ready 3-4 drops of vanilla oil, optional.
- Take 190 g (6.7 oz) of milk.
- Prepare 50 g (1.8 oz) of milk chocolate.
- Get 45 g (3 Tbsp) of milk, for adding chocolate.
- Make ready 1 g (1/2 tsp) of cocoa powder, sugar-free.
Instructions to make Chocolate Custard Cream Pie / Cocoa Puff Pastry Dough :
- My Youtube Recipe Channel→Fumie's Recipe Please come to see！.
- 【For Cocoa Puff Pastry】 Mix cocoa and powdered sugar while crushing lumps. Put bread flour, cake flour, and salt in a bowl. (70g bread flour and 70g cake flour can be replaced with 140g all-purpose flour.) Add the cocoa sugar mixture to the flour, stir well, set aside..
- Dice unsalted butter into about 5mm (0.2-inch). You should prepare well-chilled butter. Put diced butter into a large bowl. Add the flour mixture to the diced butter..
- Toss to coat the cubed butter with flour. Crush and rub the cubes while mixing. Use a scraper in the second half to mix while cutting to prevent the butter from melting by the heat from your fingers. Mix it until the color becomes about evenly..
- Pour half of the water over like drawing circles, mix roughly. You should prepare well-chilled water. Pour the remaining water, and mix roughly..
- Put onto plastic wrap. Press lightly to a single mass. Flatten it and shape it square, wrap it with plastic wrap. It has some unevenness at this stage. Let it sit in a fridge for 3 hours (If possible, overnight)..
- 【For Chocolate Custard Cream】 Break the chocolate into small pieces and add 3Tbsp milk to it. Microwave it at 500W for 1 min, and mix well to melt the chocolate. Sift cocoa powder with a tea strainer over the chocolate milk. Stir it until smooth. Set aside..
- Put egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, mix with a whisk for 1.5 mins until heavy and whitish..
- Sift cake flour over the egg mixture, and mix lightly until combined. Add vanilla oil, stir well. Add the milk in 4 parts. Stir well each time..
- Microwave it at 500W for 1 min and mix it well. Repeat that 4 times until heavy and creamy. Please mix well each time. It should get heavy and creamy at the 4th time..
- Strain the chocolate milk over the custard, and stir well. Microwave it at 500W for 30 sec and mix it well. Repeat that twice..
- Put the hot chocolate custard in a flat container, cover it with plastic wrap, and put ice packs or ice on to cool down quickly. After cooling down, let it sit in a fridge..
- 【Fold the puff pastry dough.】 Take the dough out of the fridge. If your dough is hard, please leave it for about 10 mins at room temperature to soften a little. Flour your work surface, dough, and rolling pin. Roll out into a long rectangle of 5-7mm (0.2-0.3'') thick, while coating it lightly with bread flour. Fold the top third of the pastry down, then the bottom third up..
- Rotate the dough 90 degrees. Roll out and tri-fold it again. Wrap it with plastic wrap and chill it for 30 mins. (If the dough becomes soft on the way, please cool it once.).
- Repeat this whole process two more times (roll, tri-fold, 90℃ rotate, roll, tri-fold, chill). The dough will get smooth gradually..
- 【For Assembling】 Divide the dough into 6 parts. Roll each into 12 cm / 4.7'' square (3mm / 0.1'' thick) while coating it lightly with flour. Let it sit in a freezer for 20 mins. Preheat an oven to 220℃ / 428F..
- Cut 6 sheets into a square 10cm x 10cm (3.9'' x 3.9"). Fold it in half so the bottom point meets the top point. Make two incisions in it, 1cm in from the outside, in a diamond shape, but make sure they do not meet at the top..
- Open the pastry, brush lightly the inside of incisions with water. Fold the left diamond to the right and the right diamond to the left to make a smaller diamond in the center and two points coming out of either side..
- Prick holes in the bottom(center diamond) with a fork. Bake it at 200℃ / 392 F for 18 mins, 160℃ / 320 F for 5 mins. After baking, press each bottom lightly. Let it cool on a rack..
- Take the chocolate custard out of the fridge. Mix lightly until smooth, and put into each pie. Sprinkle a pinch of cocoa over each cream. It's all done!!.
- I made stick pies with the remaining puff pastry, bake 200℃ / 392 F for 15 mins, and dip them into the remaining chocolate cream. It's delicious too!.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food chocolate custard cream pie / cocoa puff pastry dough recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, for example fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.