This search takes into account your taste preferences. Our chocolate orange cake recipes include simple sponges, loaf cakes and showstoppers. Enjoy the classic combination of orange and chocolate in these brilliant bakes.
Orange fruit cake with chocolate frosting is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Orange fruit cake with chocolate frosting is something that I have loved my entire life.
Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, orange fruit cake with chocolate frosting. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook orange fruit cake with chocolate frosting using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Orange fruit cake with chocolate frosting :
- Get 1 stick (1/2 cup) of unsalted butter, softened.
- Make ready 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Get 4 teaspoons of finely grated fresh orange zest.
- Take 2 of large eggs.
- Take 1/2 cup of plain yogurt/sour cream.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of fresh orange juice.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Make ready 1 of / tsp salt.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Get 1/4 cup of raisins mixed with sultans.
- Prepare of For the frosting.
- Get 1 cup of butter.
- Prepare 3 cups of confectioners sugar.
- Get 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- Make ready 3 tbs of milk or heavy cream.
- Make ready 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Take 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chopped and melted (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Try sponge instead of fruit cake this Christmas. This cake gets all of its sweetness from dried fruit (and a little from the dairy and orange juice). That means no added refined sugar! Cool in the pan on a rack.
Instructions to make Orange fruit cake with chocolate frosting :
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking pan and line bottom with wax paper, then lightly butter paper. Beat together butter, sugar, and zest in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until just incorporated. Whisk in the yogurt and orange juice, then add remaining ingredients, whisking until just combined. Transfer batter to baking pan and bake in middle of oven until golden and a wooden.
- Beat the butter with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Add the sieved and mixed confectioners sugar and cocoa in 3 parts while beating with the hand mixer.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Add milk or heavy cream to achieve your desired consistency.
- Lastly add your melted chocolate and mix well.
Drain and transfer to the food. This orange cake brings back memories for me, and yes, I am a little obsessed with the combination of chocolate and orange and I think I've figured out why. It seemed there was always an orange cake with chocolate frosting and a sprinkle of coconut for garnish sitting in the fridge too. Frost top and sides of cake. Cover with cake dome and store at room temperature.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food orange fruit cake with chocolate frosting recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, for example fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.